The Printing Corporation of Pakistan (PCP) was incorporated on 1st January, 1969, as a private limited company, under Companies Act, 1913 replaced with Companies Ordinance, 1984 and now Companies Act, 2017, to cater the printing requirements of the Federal Government Departments and its attached autonomous/semi-autonomous bodies and organizations. Prior to 1969, the Government of Pakistan (GoP) had four Printing Presses at Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Dacca under the Department of Stationery & Forms (DS&F). These Presses were separated from the DS&F and merged into Printing Corporation of Pakistan on 01.01.1969.
PCP a self-financed private limited company and it generates its own funds from the limited printing services provided to the Federal Government Departments. The GoP does not provide any budgetary allocations to the PCP. The business of the Corporation is primarily dependent upon the printing budget of the Government of Pakistan. Rates charged by the PCP are regulated/approved by the Ministry of Finance.
The administrative control of the PCP remained with the Ministry of Education from 01.01.1969 to 30.06.1979 and was later-on transferred to the Cabinet Division with effect from 01.07.1979.
Presently, the Corporation has three Presses located at Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi. The activities of these Presses are controlled and coordinated by the Head Office at Islamabad. The presses possess local and imported printing, cutting and binding machines and a well-disciplined workforce comprising of more than 600 employees.